This zesty lemon and anchovy dipping sauce doubles up as a great salad dressing.
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 75g Parmesan, thickly grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed and finely chopped
- 200ml light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- a few handfuls rocket leaves
- Boil the cauliflower for 5 minutes and drain. Add the garlic, spring onions, chilli, Parmesan, beaten egg and lemon zest and season. Sprinkle over the flour, mix and form into 12 fritters.
- To make the sauce, mix together the anchovy fillet, lemon juice, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce and season.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fritters in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve with the sauce and a handful of rocket leaves.
GDAS: Per fritter: calories 129 (6.5%), sugar 2.1g (2.3%), fat 8.2g (12%), saturates 1.9g (9.5%), salt 0.6g (10%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.