For a meat-free option, replace the beef with a can of mixed beans. Only the beef mix is freezable.
- freeze it
- 1 tbsp olive oil (from your storecupboard)
- 400g braising steak, diced into small cubes
- 500g hot or mild chilli cooking sauce
- 6 taco shells
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 150g guacamole
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the braising steak for 5 minutes to seal on all sides. Stir in the chilli sauce, cover and cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm the taco shells in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place the cheese and guacamole in bowls; divide the cooked beef between the taco shells and let everyone top their taco as they wish.
GDAS: Per filled taco: calories 320 (16%), sugar 5.3g (5.9%), fat 18g (26%), saturates 6.2g (31%), salt 1.3g (22%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.