You can use any fresh fruit you like to top these mini tarts. And play around with different shaped individual tart tins, too.
- 375g shortcrust pastry
- 250ml Elmlea Single
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 75ml lemon juice
- icing sugar
- fresh blueberries, washed
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Roll out the pastry until it’s about ½cm thick and press into 8 individual tart tins. Prick with a fork and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill the tins with pastry weights or baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake again for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 140°C/120°C fan/Gas 1.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Elmlea, eggs, egg yolk, sugar and lemon juice, then transfer to a pouring jug. Place the tarts on a large baking tray and pour the filling in right to the top. Carefully place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Cool, then refrigerate to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the tarts from the tins and set on plates. Decorate with icing sugar and berries.
GDAS: Per serving: calories 307 (15%), sugar 7.8g (8.7%), fat 19g (27%), saturates 7.4g (37%), salt 0.6g (10%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.