This cheat’s paella is big on flavour and low on effort. For a healthier option, take the skin off the chicken first or use skinless chicken breasts.
- freeze it
- 475g approx chicken thighs
- 300g paella rice
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 700ml chicken stock, made from a cube (from your storecupboard)
- 100g frozen peas
- Heat a frying pan and dry-fry the chicken thighs for 5 minutes to seal on all sides.
- Stir in the rice, smoked paprika and red pepper and stir well to coat the ingredients. Add the chicken stock; bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and season to taste. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, until the rice and chicken are cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed. Serve hot.
GDAS: Per serving: calories 449 (22%), sugar 2.8g (3.1%), fat 6.2g (8.9%), saturates 1.6g (8%), salt 1.6g (27%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.