Using the best chicken stock you can find will make this recipe taste fantastic. Serve with crusty bread.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres hot chicken stock, made from 2 cubes
- 1.25 kg chicken pieces on the bone, skin on
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 18 baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and soften for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes before adding the hot stock, chicken and thyme. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink meat remains.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken and discard any bones or skin.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the celery, leek, sugar snap peas and shredded chicken.
- When the soup returns to simmering it is ready to serve. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the chopped herbs and Parmesan.
Per serving (soup only): calories 416 (21%), sugar 7g (7.7%), fat 12.5g (18%), saturates 4g (20%), salt 1.3g (22%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.