Basmati rice works just as well if you cannot get hold of Thai Jasmine. If you don’t have any wooden skewers, simply stir-fry the pork and pepper instead. Only the skewers can be frozen.
- freeze it
- 500g pork fillet, diced
- 5 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (from your storecupboard)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (from your storecupboard)
- 300g Thai jasmine rice
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- sunflower oil (from your storecupboard)
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water. Toss the pork fillet with the teriyaki sauce, cover and marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the seeds, slice thinly and place in a dish with the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir well and set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Thread the pork on to the skewers, alternating with chunks of green peppers, and brush lightly with sunflower oil. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently, until pork is cooked through and no pink remains. Serve with rice and the cucumber salad.
GDAS: Per skewer: calories 538 (27%), sugar 19g (21%), fat 8.6g (13%), saturates 2.2g (11%), salt 1.9g (32%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.