Quinoa makes a good alternative to the bulgur wheat in this recipe
- 125g bulgur wheat
- 205g green beans, trimmed
- 75g blanched almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices cured ham, torn
- 50g baby leaf salad
- Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl. Pour over boiling water, cover and leave to sit for 30 minutes, then drain and return to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the green beans for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water.
- Place the almonds, salt and 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Combine the remaining 2 tbsp oil with the sherry vinegar and season.
- Drain the cooled beans and add to the bulgur wheat, along with the sautéd almonds, goat’s cheese, ham and baby salad leaves. Mix in the dressing and serve immediately.
Per serving: calories 468 (23%), sugar 2.5g (2.8%), fat 31.1g (44%), saturates 9.4g (47%), salt 2.6g (43%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.