Food blogger Katie says, ‘This is a great recipe for using up leftovers. The chicken can be replaced with cooked prawns or pork, or extra veggies’
- 6 sheets filo pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 500g rice noodles, cooked
- 180g beansprouts
- 200g pack cooked sweet chilli chicken pieces, finely sliced
- light soy sauce, to season
- butter, for brushing
- handful sesame seeds
- sweet chilli dipping sauce (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 and lay out all ingredients. Unroll the filo and cut each sheet in half, creating 12 squares.
- Take 1 square and lay a mix of ingredients in a line down one side with a dash of soy sauce, leaving a 2cm border to the top, bottom and side. Brush the edges with butter, fold the top and bottom over to cover the filling then roll up tightly. Repeat to make 12 rolls, placing them on an oiled baking sheet as you go. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce, if desired.
Per spring roll: calories 210 (10.5%), sugar 6.1g (6.7%), fat 4.8g (9.4%), saturates 1.6g (8%), salt 0.7g (11.6%) of your guideline daily amount. For children aged 5-10: Per spring roll: calories 210 (12%), sugar 6.1g (7.1%), fat 4.8g (6.8%), saturates 1.6g (8%), salt 0.7g (17.5%) of your guideline daily amount.
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.