If time is short, simply use sundried tomatoes rather than drying your own in the oven (and reduce total cooking time to 25 mins)
- 750g new potatoes, boiled and halved
- 125g pitted Kalamata olives
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Heat the oven to 120°C/100°C fan/Gas 12. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle with the oregano and season.
- Cook for 2-3 hrs or until the tomatoes have dried a little but still retain some moisture. Remove the tomatoes and turn the oven up to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Remove the fronds from the fennel bulbs. Cut them and the red onion into wedges and place on an oven tray. Mix 1 ½ tbsp olive oil with the garlic, drizzle over the fennel and onion, then season.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the fennel has caramelised slightly. Remove from the oven and mix with the potatoes, olives, lemon juice, vinegar and dill.
Per serving: calories 192 (9.6%), sugar 5g (5.6%), fat 9.7g (13.8%), saturates 1.4g (7%), salt 0.4g (6.7%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.