Enjoy all the freshness of a salad in a tasty chilled soup. Add ice if you can when serving
- 8 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 5 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 slice white bread
- 400ml tomato juice
- dash Tabasco
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- croutons, to serve
- Take a small quantity of each of the vegetables, finely dice them and reserve for garnishing when you serve the soup.
- Place all the remaining prepared vegetables in a food processor or blender and add the garlic, cumin, basil, sherry vinegar, bread, tomato juice, Tabasco and oil and blend until smooth. Season to taste then add enough water to reach your desired consistency and blend again.
- Pour into a flask and refrigerate until needed. When ready to serve, garnish with the reserved finely chopped vegetables, a drizzle of oil and croutons.
Per serving: calories 106 (5.3%), sugar 10g (11%), fat 4.4g (6.3%), saturates 0.7g (3.5%), salt 0.5g (8.3%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.