Don’t mix the syrup with the sparkling water until you’re ready to serve this drink, to prevent it losing its fizz
- 75g piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 limes, juice and zest, finely grated
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml water
- crushed ice
- fresh mint
- 2 litres sparkling water
- Place the ginger, lime juice and zest in a pan with the sugar and water. Heat very gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the concentrated ginger syrup into a large glass serving jug, add crushed ice and fresh mint sprigs then top up with sparkling water and stir well.
Per serving: calories 67 (3.3%), sugar 17g (19%), fat 0g (0%), saturates 0g (0%), salt 0g (0%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.