Use a good quality strawberry jam to give the best results
- Freeze it
- 225g plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 orange, zest only, finely grated
- 125g butter
- 300g strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp Pimm’s
- 9 small fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- 4 orange slices, quartered
- fresh mint sprigs, washed
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the almonds and orange zest. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the dry ingredients then add enough cold water to mix to a soft pliable dough.
- Wrap the dough in baking parchment and chill for 20 minutes. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use a pastry cutter to stamp out 16 rounds. Press them into 2 x 9-hole bun tins.
- Mix together the jam and Pimm’s then divide between the pastry cases. Cook for 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, top each tart with half a fresh strawberry, an orange slice and a mint sprig.
Per serving: calories 171 (9%), sugar 14g (15.5%), fat 7.5g (10.7%), saturates 3.8g (19%), salt 0.1g (1.6%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.