For a thinner pizza, split the dough into three pieces. You can add any topping you like; thinly sliced cured meats work particularly well
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 100g fine cornmeal
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 x 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium courgettes
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 balls mozzarella, torn into chunks
- handful rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Place the flour, cornmeal and salt in a large bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, place 350ml warm water, the sugar, yeast and 2 tbsp of the oil. Stir well and leave to activate. When it’s foamy, add to the flour and mix well. If the resulting dough is too wet, add a little more flour; if it’s too dry, add a little warm water.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and knead the dough for 5 minutes or until it is smooth and springy to the touch. Dust the dough with a little flour and place in a large bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for half an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7. Prepare the courgettes by slicing them very thinly lengthways (you can use a peeler to do this). Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season. Heat a griddle pan and cook the courgette strips for 1 minute or so on each side, or until they have light griddle marks. Remove from the heat.
- Once the dough has risen, knead it again lightly, divide into 2 and roll each ball on a lightly floured surface into a large circle. Transfer the pizza bases to a lined oven tray. Prick them all over with a fork and leave to prove in a warm place for 10 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- When cooked, spread each base with the pesto and arrange the cherry tomatoes, griddled courgettes, mozzarella and rocket on top. Mix the remaining oil, white balsamic vinegar and chilli together and drizzle the dressing over the pizzas. Season well and serve.
Per serving: calories 893 (45%), sugar 6.7g (7.4%), fat 35g (50%), saturates 11g (55%), salt 1.2g (20%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.