The classic combination of tomato and mozzarella is given an extra dimension with this herby dressing. Pour it over just as you’re about to serve
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 150g thin green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 balls fresh buffalo mozzarella
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Blanch the beans in salted water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and dry on a tea towel.
- Arrange the beans on 4 plates. Top each with slices of the tomatoes, shallots and half a mozzarella ball.
- Mix the dressing ingredients by placing in a glass jar with a fitted lid and shaking. Add the sugar and season to taste. Shake well and pour over each salad.
Per serving: calories 269 (13%), sugar 5.4g (6%), fat 21g (30%), saturates 10g (50%), salt 0.7g (12%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.