A simple showstopper, perfect for serving at garden parties
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 x 375g pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 250g rindless soft goat’s cheese
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 15g fresh basil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- handful wild rocket
- 10 small pitted black olives
- Heat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan/Gas 5. Roll the pastry slightly bigger and press into a 23cm loose-bottom tart tin. Freeze for 10 minutes then line with baking paper. Fill with dried beans, bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the paper and beans. Bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown then leave to cool completely.
- Mix the goat’s cheese with the shallot, lemon zest and 5 basil leaves, finely chopped. Season and press into the bottom of the cooled pastry shell. Blitz the remaining basil with the capers and oil in a food processor. Arrange the tomatoes over the cheese, alternating with onion rings. Top with rocket and olives and drizzle over the prepared basil dressing.
Per serving: calories 582 (29%), sugar 5.2g (6%), fat 36g (51%), saturates 14.5g (72%), salt 1.7g (28%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.