Suranne says, ‘I make these when I need cheering up. The hint of chilli is amazing.’
- Freeze It
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 60g porridge oats
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300ml natural yogurt
- 5 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g chilli chocolate, chopped finely
- 150g blueberries
- 1 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4 and line an 18-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and stir in the soft brown sugar, 50g of the porridge oats and ground nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with the yogurt, oil and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients with the chilli chocolate and blueberries and stir together loosely.
- Divide mixture between the muffin cases, sprinkle with the remaining porridge oats and Demerara sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and dark golden. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.