Here's an easy and inventive way to serve up a cooked breakfast for a crowd.
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 16 strips streaky bacon
- 8 eggs
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Trim the crusts from the bread. Brush one side of each slice with butter and cut in half.
- Brush an 8-hole muffin tin with the remaining butter and line each with two bread halves, overlapping to cover the base.
- Lightly cook the bacon in a large non-stick pan (under-cook it slightly; it will finish cooking in the oven). Line each bread cup with two slices, allowing the ends to poke out.
- Break an egg into each cup. Season and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the egg is cooked through.
Per cup: calories 348 (17%), sugar 0.9g (1%), fat 25g (36%), saturates 9.4g (47%), salt 2.3g (38%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.