Morrisons Bakery offers a variety of fresh Easter favourites. The classic Hot Cross Buns, 75p each or 2 for £1, are perfect in this dessert.
- Freeze it
- 8 Hot Cross Buns, from the Bakery
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 284ml Elmlea Double Light
- 600ml milk
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C/Gas 3½. Slice each bun horizontally into three. Set a small knob of butter aside and spread the rest on the bun slices. Reserve the bun tops for the last layer of the pudding.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Gently heat the Elmlea, milk and orange zest until warm then pour in the egg and sugar mixture, whisking to combine.
- Layer the bun slices in an ovenproof dish, pouring on some of the custard as you go. Finish with the bun tops and pour over the remaining custard.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, dot with the reserved butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for another 10 minutes until the custard is set.
Per serving: calories 413 (21%), sugar 27g (30%), fat 21g (30%), saturates 13g (65%), salt 0.3g (5%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.