Get ahead: you can prepare these fish pies in advance and
freeze them until you want them. Defrost fully in the fridge and cook as described.
- Freeze it
- 800g salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 x 145g packs raw peeled king prawns
- 6 eggs, boiled, peeled and quartered
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g plain flour
- 1.2 litres milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 kg new potatoes, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Divide the salmon, prawns and eggs between 8 pie dishes and season.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the onion for about 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking. Bring to the boil allowing the sauce to thicken, then stir in the mustard and parsley and season. Pour the sauce over the fish mixture and stir to coat.
- Lightly crush the cooked potatoes, toss with the oil and season. Divide between the pie dishes and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Per serving: calories 526 (26%), sugar 10g (11%), fat 24g (34%), saturates 7.2g (36%), salt 1g (17%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.