If you have a standing mixer with a dough hook, use that to make the pizza base.
- 1 x 7g sachet fast-action yeast
- 500g plain flour, plus 50g extra for rolling
- 1 tsp salt
- couple of handfuls polenta
- 400g thick pork sausages, skins removed
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 300g mozzarella, grated
- 50g blue Stilton, broken into chunks
- 16 peppadew peppers, halved
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- Add the yeast to 350ml warm water; let it sit for 5 minutes. Place the flour in a bowl with the salt, stir, then slowly pour in the yeast, mixing. Knead on a floured surface for about 10 minutes then place in a large, oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Turn your oven to its highest temperature and place a baking sheet in the bottom. Sprinkle some polenta on another baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut the sausages into chunks and brown in a pan until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 2 minutes, drain, rinse and dry with a clean tea towel.
- Divide the dough in half and roll one piece out, keeping the other covered. Place the rolled out dough on the polenta and cover with half the sausage, broccoli, cheeses, peppadews and crushed chillies. Repeat for the second pizza. Open the oven and shift the pizzas on to the hot baking sheet (the polenta will help it slide over.) Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden on the sides and crisp underneath.
Per serving: 670 (34%), sugar 4.5g (5%), fat 27g (39%), saturates 14g (70%), salt 2.6g (43%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.