Juicy raspberries baked into scones take this teatime treat to a whole new level. Throw in a handful of dark chocolate chunks for something even more indulgent.
- 350g plain flour
- 80g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g raspberries
- 180ml milk
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Cornish clotted cream
- fresh raspberries, washed
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Put the flour and butter in a bowl and rub the butter in until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, baking powder and salt, and add the raspberries.
- Beat the milk and egg yolk together and add to the flour mixture, mixing very gently to a soft dough without crushing the raspberries too much.
- Turn mixture out on to a lightly floured board, shape into a square and pat out to 3cm thick. Cut into 9 squares and place on a non-stick baking tray. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Serve warm with clotted cream and a few fresh raspberries.
Per scone (without cream and extra raspberries): calories 264 (13%), sugar 11.3g (13%), fat 8g (11%), saturates 4.8g (24%), salt 0.5g (8.3%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.