See our M Kitchen Confidential feature for some great ways to use up leftovers.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15g fresh rosemary, plus 1 tbsp finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 lemon, juice, and rind cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 leg of lamb (approx 2.3 kg), thick fat removed
- 1 kg small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 50g black olives, pitted
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp of the oil with the garlic, chopped rosemary, crushed chillies, lemon juice and vinegar. Add some salt and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the lamb and leave to marinate at least 1 hour or overnight, refrigerated. Allow the meat to come back to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7. Place the potatoes in the bottom of a large roasting tin and toss with the remaining oil. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes and season everything well. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Scatter the lemon rind over the potatoes, place olives around and continue to roast for 1 hr 50 minutes. When the meat is cooked through, remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with extra rosemary to serve.
Per serving (meat and potatoes): calories 526 (26%), sugar 1.7g (1.9%), fat 26g (37%), saturates 9.5g (48%), salt 0.6g (10%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.