A splash of double cream instead of Elmlea gives this classic side dish a luxury twist.
- 1 large Savoy cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g pancetta, cut into strips
- 250ml Elmlea Double
- Prepare the cabbage: discard any tough or damaged outer leaves, cut away the stem then quarter the cabbage, removing the core, and slice into strips.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and pancetta and cook until the onion is soft, then increase the heat to brown the pancetta a little. Remove from the pan.
- Add the cabbage to the same pan with a few tbsp water and cook for 5-6 minutes. When the leaves are tender and the water has evaporated, return the pancetta and onion and add the Elmlea. Allow to bubble for a minute until reduced. Season to taste.
Per serving: calories 187 (9.4%), sugar 3.8g (4.2%), fat 17g (24%), saturates 9g (45%), salt 0.4g (6.7%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.