You can spell out a message on your cupcakes using our downloadable A-Z stencils – click here – or use an icing pen.
- 2 large eggs
- 180g caster sugar
- 150g soured cream
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g self-raising flour
- 90g plain flour
- 15g mini marshmallows
- 100g ready to roll fondant icing
- 400g buttercream flavour frosting
- violet gel food colouring
- chocolate dots and mini marshmallows
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in the soured cream, butter, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Gently fold in both flours followed by the marshmallows.
- Half-fill 18 cupcake cases with the mixture and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Roll out the fondant icing and use cutters or our downloadable stencils to cut out letters and create your own Mother’s Day message. Then, put the frosting in a bowl and stir in a few drops of food colouring.
- When the cakes are cold, spread or pipe the frosting on top. Place a letter on each cake and decorate any remaining cakes with chocolate dots and mini marshmallows.
Per cupcake (with frosting and a fondant icing letter): calories 278 (14%), sugar 28g (31%), fat 14g (20%), saturates 7.5g (38%), salt 0.3g (5%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.