A great store-cupboard dish. Swap the aubergine for sweet potato when you fancy a change
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large aubergines, cut into chunks
- 200g semi-dried apricots, halved
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock, made from a cube
- 1 x 400g can d'aucy chickpeas, drained
- bunch fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the spices and aubergine. Cook for 5 minutes then stir in the apricots and tomatoes. Add the stock and season to taste. Bring to the boil then lower the heat, cover and let it simmer gently for 30 minutes. Add the chickpeas and continue cooking for 15 minutes until the aubergines are tender. Serve in bowls sprinkled with the coriander and toasted almonds.
Per serving: calories 268 (13%), sugar 27g (30%), fat 14g (20%), saturates 1.5g (7.5%), salt 0.9g (15%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.