A ginger-garlic paste forms the base of many curries and is essential for intense flavour. Make a batch and freeze for further curries
- freeze it
- 100g garlic, peeled and chopped
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (if you’re not using the paste straight away)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (if you’re not using the paste straight away)
- Blitz the garlic and ginger with 100ml water until smooth. If you’re not using the paste straight away, add the oil and lemon juice as you blend so the paste can be kept for longer.
- Store the paste in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze the paste in an ice cube tray to use later.
Per 50g serving: calories 56 (2.8%), sugar 0.7g (0.8%), fat 3.9g (5.6%), saturates 0.5g (2.5%), salt trace (<1%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.