Fresh herbs are traditional in an Azerbaijani Kükü but you could add any combination of herbs, or try greens such as spinach, too
- 2 heads garlic
- drizzle olive oil
- 250g Greek yogurt
- bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- bunch fresh dill, chopped
- bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- pomegranate seeds
- First make a garlic yogurt dressing. Slice the tops off the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and roast at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 30 minutes then squeeze into a bowl, mash, fold in the Greek yogurt and season.
- While the garlic is roasting, make the kükü. Place the coriander, dill, basil, spring onions and eggs in a bowl, combine well with a fork and season.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and add the egg mix, tipping the pan so it levels. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom is golden and firm.
- Using a spatula, cut the semi-cooked mixture into quarters then flip each over and cook for another 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and slice each quarter into two. Serve hot or cold, scattered with pomegranate seeds and the dressing on the side.
Per serving: calories 150 (8%), sugar 2.3g (3%), fat 11g (16%), saturates 3g (15%), salt 0.2g (3%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.