Here’s Ant & Dec’s favourite dish. Turn it into a thick, meaty ragu by mashing the sausage meat into the sauce
- freeze it
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork sausages, skin removed
- 350g spaghetti
- Parmesan shavings
- fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/Gas 7. In a large roasting tin, toss the tomatoes, pepper and garlic in the oil. Roast for 25 minutes until softened and beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, form the sausage meat into small balls and fry in a pan for 20 minutes or until piping hot and cooked through.
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Blitz the roasted tomato and pepper mix in a food processor into a thick sauce, season to taste then stir into the pasta along with the meatballs. Spoon into serving dishes and scatter with Parmesan shavings and fresh basil leaves.
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.