Spices balance out the sweetness of the pineapple in this curry, creating a slightly salty, slightly sweet flavour
- 2 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 300g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 200g scallops, shell and coral removed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 400ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2 ½ cm pieces
- handful basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the curry paste for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the prawns and scallops. Stir for 2–3 minutes, then add the fish sauce, sugar and lime leaves. Stir for 1 minute then remove the seafood from the wok using a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add the coconut milk to the wok and bring to the boil, then simmer for 2–3 minutes. Add the pineapple and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the seafood to the wok and add the spring onions and basil leaves. Cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes, then transfer to serving bowls.
Per serving: calories 375 (19%), sugar 20.5g (23%), fat 19g (27%), saturates 10g (50%), salt 2.5g (42%) of your guideline daily amount
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.