Store in an airtight container until required. These can be made up to a week in advance
- 500g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 60g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g dried blueberries (or other dried fruit such as cranberries)
- Put the sugar, cream and butter in a large saucepan and heat very gently, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, without stirring, and continue to heat gently until the mixture reaches 118ºC
- If you don’t have a sugar thermometer, drop a little of the syrup into a glass of chilled water. It should keep its shape and form a soft, flexible ball.
- When the syrup is ready, take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Beat the mixture until it thickens, then stir in the blueberries. Tip the mixture into a 20cm greased cake tin and spread it evenly, smoothing down with a palette knife. Leave to cool completely.
- When cooled and set, turn the fudge out on to a chopping board and use a sharp knife to slice the square into 8 strips, then slice into 8 strips in the opposite direction to make 64 cubes.
Recipe from Perfect Wedding Favours by Susannah Blake (£9.99, Ryland Peters & Small). Photography: Carolyn Barber.
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.