These sweet crisps could not be purer or simpler to make. They’re a delicious snack on their own or crumble them over ice cream or even your usual bowl of breakfast cereal! 21p per serving
- gluten free
- 6 apples, ideally 3 red and 3 green
- Heat your oven to 170°C/150°C fan/ Gas 3. Keeping each apple whole, remove the core from each of them.
- Slice each apple very thinly (about 2mm thick). The easiest way to do this is to use a mandolin. It’s also possible to do it using a very sharp knife, but be careful.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper and lay out the apple slices on them side by side so they don’t overlap. Bake in the oven and keep checking them – depending on how hot your oven is, it might take less time and they can burn easily.
- Turn them every 6 or 7 minutes until they’re a golden colour, then remove them from the oven and place them on a board or plate to cool. As they cool they will crisp up.
- Store in an airtight container – if you feel the need for a dip to go with them yogurt mixed with honey is the perfect choice.
Each serving contains: Energy 273kJ 65kcal (3%); Fat Trace (<1%); Saturates Trace (<1%); Sugars 14g (16%); Salt Trace (<1%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 13.5g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.