Try using cannellini beans or canned butter beans in place of chickpeas. £1.11 per serving
- gluten free
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 aubergines, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g quinoa
- 300g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 large vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, aubergine, spices and garlic with 3 tbsp water. Toss well and cook, covered but stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until the aubergine is tender. Remove the lid, raise the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes so the juices evaporate. Allow to cool.
- Rinse the quinoa, put into a pan of water, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the aubergine mixture, quinoa, chickpeas, lemon zest and juice, tomatoes and parsley. Season and mix thoroughly.
Each serving contains: Energy 2487kJ 593kcal (30%); Fat 24g (34%); Saturates 7.4g (37%); Sugars 8.4g (9%); Salt 1.0g (17%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 73.5g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.