We’ve used ricotta cheese to create a lighter version of a traditional key lime pie. 59p per serving
- gluten free
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g honey
- 150g M Free From Pure Oats
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 limes, juice and zest, finely grated, plus extra zest to serve
- 397g can condensed milk
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 200ml whipping cream
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together either in a microwave or in a small pan on the hob, stir in the oats and ginger and press into the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed tin.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/Gas 3. Whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, condensed milk and ricotta. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale and fluffy and gently fold in the lime and ricotta mixture. Pour on top of the the biscuit base and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin and place on a serving plate. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and dollop it over the top of the pie. Scatter with the extra lime zest.
Each serving contains: Energy 1402kJ 336kcal (17%); Fat 19g (27%); Saturates 12g (60%); Sugars 23g (26%); Salt 0.2g (3%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 31.4g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.