This ‘pizza’ has an unusual gluten-free, cauliflower crust. Make sure you squeeze as much liquid as possible from the cooked cauliflower to prevent it getting soggy. 85p per serving
- gluten free
For the crust
- 1 cauliflower (850g approx), leaves and stalk removed (500g approx)
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 1tbsp ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
For the topping
- 100g light garlic and herb soft cheese
- 600g vine tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh basil , torn
- 185g can tuna chunks, drained
- 100g pitted black olives
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/Gas 8 and place a baking tray in the centre of the oven.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. If you don’t have a processor, you can grate the cauliflower into a bowl.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and microwave for 4 minutes: the cauliflower is ready if fluid oozes when pressed. If you don’t have a microwave, place in a saucepan and stir over a low heat for about five minutes until some of the liquid has disappeared.
- Put the cauliflower into a sieve or colander and press to squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then put it back into the bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the crust ingredients except the egg and season to taste. Then mix in the egg.
- Spread the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper to form a rectangle of about 30 x 23cm and 5mm thick. Place onto the hot baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes until it turns golden brown and is dry to touch.
- Meanwhile, to skin the tomatoes, first plunge them into boiling water for 2 minutes and drain them so the skins will peel off easily. Roughly dice the flesh and place in a large pan with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the garlic and seasoning. Cook over a high heat for 10 minutes until pulpy, then stir in some basil leaves, reserving a few for garnishing.
- Spread with the soft cheese to within 2cm of the edge, Spoon the tomato mixture over the pastry, then scatter the tuna chunks and olives over the top.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until the toppings are heated through, scatter with the reserved basil and slice into 6 to serve.
Each serving contains: Energy 1072kJ 258kcal (13%); Fat 17.9g (26%); Saturates 4.5g (23%); Sugars 5.2g (6%); Salt 1.1g (18%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 7g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.