The tangy balsamic dressing brings out the delicious sweetness of the strawberries. £2.13 per serving
- gluten free
- 250g sachet of ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g asparagus tips
- 200g Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 70g bag lamb’s lettuce
- 1 punnet salad cress
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 200g strawberries, hulled and halved
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Place the lentils in a bowl, toss with lemon zest and olive oil.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, refresh under cold running water then add to the lentils. Add the cheese and mix everything well to combine.
- Arrange the lamb’s lettuce over a serving platter. Scatter the cress and mint leaves on top, then add the lentil mixture along with the strawberries.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and toss just before you serve it.
Each serving contains: Energy 1670kJ 202kcal (20%); Fat 28g (40%); Saturates 11.5g (58%); Sugars 6g (7%); Salt 0.7g (12%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 16.3g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.