Use grilled corn cobs for flavour or tinned sweetcorn for speed. £2.06 per serving
- gluten free
- 4 corn on the cobs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red pointed peppers, sliced into rings
- 1 bunch salad onions, trimmed and sliced
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 80g baby spinach
- 50g tortilla chips
For the dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 3cm piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 200ml milk
- Grill the corn cobs for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the pepper rings until softened, add the salad onions and cook for a further 2 minutes. Toss the black beans with the peppers and salad onions.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Toss the spinach leaves with the bean and pepper mixture, slice the corn off each cob and scatter over the top, serve with tortilla chips and a generous dollop of the dressing.
Each serving contains: Energy 1831kJ 438kcal (22%); Fat 20.3g (29%); Saturates 4.6g (23%); Sugars 14.7g (16%); Salt 1.1g (18%) of your Reference Intake. Carbohydrates per serving: 45g
Click the meal you want to plan this recipe for.